Moto G Android phone review

So I ordered this brand new Moto G from Flipkart, soon after its launch.


Due to immense craze for this phone, it took Flipkart 10 days to deliver. The white colored flip cover was delivered in 2 days though.

Lets get down to review.

Size - In first look it felt small. Uh. Well size is relative. I have seen friends Micromax and Samsungs which are rather big. After a week of usage, I found the size to be just right. Fits easily in hand and pocket and big enough to watch videos. It is 4.5 inch to be precise.

Weight - People are saying its heavy. Again relative .. blah blah. Believe me Moto G is a great mobile.

Price - That's the best part of Moto G. For 14k you get 16GB model. For 12.5k you get 8GB model.

Now that you know price, we can be more technical.

Android - Comes with Android 4.3 (Jellybean). And very soon upgrade for Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) was available. So it has latest android for this date. And the good part is that it has stock android. I.e same interface that you get in Google Nexus phones. No crappy customized (read Samsung) interface.

Speed - Well its quad core inside. But really do you care? It is fast and responsive for whatever I have done with it so far. Uhm but here is a little secret, I don't do much of high end gaming on mobile.

Screen - Resolution is one of the best available currently. Its HD in simple terms.

Memory -  For internal memory you get option for 8 GB and 16 GB. You may want to go with 16GB, because it doesn't have slot for expanding memory through microSD.

RAM -  A good 1 GB. That's good enough.

Camera - 5 MP primary and 1.3 MP secondary (front) camera. I like to click photos through Digital Camera not mobile. But I did test it for Moto G. Image quality is descent. Not bad, good enough, not great though. I won't call camera a con of this phone. Secondary camera is also descent. I tested video call on it, and the other end told me my photo quality was good.

Sim - It is a dual sim mobile. GSM+GSM. And the sim have to be Micro Sim.

Connectivity - There is regular bluetooth, wifi, micro usb and 3G connectivity. Not much to say here. They just work.

Battery - The battery can last for 24 hour with full charge. But being a smartphone it does drain quickly.

Misc features - Yay there is FM in it!

Inside box - USB charger, handset. There is no USB cable for connecting with PC though.

Overall the phone is great. A great value for money. It is rated highly on most sites. So if you are thinking of buying this phone, don't think. Just buy it!

Comments

Popular Posts